DIGI038 - Introduction to Industry 4.0
Discipline: Industry 4.0 technologies
Course level: Foundation
What this course about?
The world is at the onset of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and this revolution is very much driven by the smarts in automating decision making and processes. Advancements in IT has resulted in immense improvements in computational power across nearly all electronic devices and enhanced capabilities in connecting the dots in an increasingly networked society.
Digital platforms in the Cloud provides a perfect canvas for inventing new business models and for intelligent algorithms to analyse data and derive knowledge for operationalize use by cyber physical systems. This course provides a comprehensive coverage on, among others, the role of data, manufacturing systems, various Industry 4.0 technologies, applications and case studies. In particular, we also draw input from researchers and practitioners on what are the opportunities and challenges brought about by Industry 4.0, and how organisations and knowledge workers can be better prepared to reap the benefits of this latest revolution.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to offer learners an introduction to Industry 4.0 (or the Industrial Internet), its applications in the business world. Learners will gain deep insights into how smartness is being harnessed from data and appreciate what needs to be done in order to overcome some of the challenges.
What will you learn?
- Understand the drivers and enablers of Industry 4.0
- Appreciate the smartness in Smart Factories, Smart cities, smart products and smart services
- Able to outline the various systems used in a manufacturing plant and their role in an Industry 4.0 world
- Appreciate the power of Cloud Computing in a networked economy
- Understand the opportunities, challenges brought about by Industry 4.0 and how organisations and individuals should prepare to reap the benefits
1. Introduction to Industry 4.0
The Various Industrial Revolutions
Digitalisation and the Networked Economy
Drivers, Enablers, Compelling Forces and Challenges for Industry 4.0
The Journey so far: Developments in USA, Europe, China and other countries
Comparison of Industry 4.0 Factory and Today's Factory
Trends of Industrial Big Data and Predictive Analytics for Smart Business Transformation
2. Road to Industry 4.0
3. Related Disciplines, System, Technologies for enabling Industry 4.0
4. Role of data, information, knowledge and collaboration in future organizations
Resource-based view of a firm
Data as a new resource for organizations
Harnessing and sharing knowledge in organizations
Cloud Computing Basics
Cloud Computing and Industry 4.0
5. Other Applications and Case Studies
6. Business issues in Industry 4.0
Opportunities and Challenges
Future of Works and Skills for Workers in the Industry 4.0 Era
Strategies for competing in an Industry 4.0 world
- Общее понимание и интерес к теме